Thursday, June 04, 2020

Spider Speak … anybody?

Spider Speak … anybody ?

“Mary do you, ‘spider talk’? a brief sms to my sister, ‘Anthony, are you alright’? she shot back, what with the relentless virus locking horns with with an equally ‘unreasoning individual’. 

‘I’m, alright’, I assured her and in more colourful Tamil, ‘hit in the head, are you?’ she admonished! Hard to transliterate in English.

“Listen … I’m going to ask you to shift a bit … for just a while’ …I coax … not sure exactly, after how many attempts … a tiny shiny black spider … crawls out from its perch in one of the many containers that have been summarily requisitioned for my new found ‘container gardening sojourn’. 

Wow, I exclaim, she … he …it .. understands. Pavlovian, Quixotic, Mendelesque … I refuse to commit.

While many of my friends are busy with their ‘rendezvous’  avec ‘finir’ and ‘fenetre’ gone ‘soft in the head’ have i? Not terribly worried … i volunteer… 

Container gardening, has made me ‘see more, hear more … ‘ perhaps with a more acute sense of vision, i’d have seen my tiny shiny black spider, yawn in protest at the irregular intrusions. 

Some folks call this ‘mindfulness’ … Wow … now this is GOOD.. right? … 

Ever heard anxious, convent and otherwise educated moms … unravelling the complex philosophy of ‘good touch and bad touch’ … to their little darlings? 

I’d vote for lots of the complex and a bit more of the down-to-earth ‘spider speak’ 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home